I’m starting to plan for my Easter dinner this weekend. We are having a large crowd, so I am hoping to start getting things set up later this week. I wanted to try out a fun easter dessert to share with our overnight guests. A treat they could grab for a snack while visiting our home.
I found this recipe on Chelsea’s Messy Apron blog. Easter cookie bars are basically a white chocolate cookie topped with marshmallows, white chocolate chips and m&m’s.
My little guy helped me make these. They were fun to put together. He loved adding the marshmallows and the m&m’s.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, separated
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Spring M&M’s
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the room temperature butter with the white and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugars together with hand beaters or in a stand mixer until creamy and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir together and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in one cup of the white chocolate chips. Press the cookie dough into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake the cookie dough for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove and immediately top with the miniature marshmallows and M&M’s. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows become puffy.
- Remove and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and sprinkles over the bars.
- Let cool completely and then cut with a wet knife.
These were ooey and gooey and just so delicious. They will put you on a sugar high, so a glass of milk is a must! Yum.
To life feeling like home!
Sharing at THESE great parties!