Today is a Create and Share Challenge day! I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve participated in a challenge, so I am happy to be back on board with this month’s challenge: ROPE. For today’s post, a group of bloggers were challenged to create something unique using rope. I was particularly excited about this because I enjoy using rope and have used it before to upcycle a vase and a thrift store basket. I actually already had this roll of rope on hand and I knew immediately what I wanted to create. I love the look of sisal rope because it really fits in with any style of decor from farmhouse to beach to traditional or modern, the look of rope is universal.
DIY Sisal Rope Basket with Tassels
Embroidery Floss (to make tassels) (any color)
1.Begin winding rope into itself and securing together with hot glue.
2. Each rotation, secure with glue and push rope into itself.
3. When you decide your base is large enough, you can start on the walls by securing the rope on top of the layer before.
4. Cut the strand at an angle and secure with glue.
5. Make your DIY tassels (see instructions below) and secure to baskets with extra floss tied around the rim of the bowl.
1. Start with two 5-6 inch strands of floss. Put them aside.
2. Wrap the yarn about 30 times around your fingers. Use one of the two strands to tie the strands together.
3. Next, wrap the second extra strand around the bunch to form the head and tie.
4. Trim the ends
5. You now have a cute tassel!
I love my little basket! I can use it by the front door to throw in keys or sunglasses or as a decorative bowl for my office or family room.
Want to see the other inspiring projects using rope? Visit the Create and Share projects below by clicking on the links.
Twelve on Main – DIY Rope Plate Charger
My Life From Home – DIY Sisal Rope Tassel Basket
Green with Decor – DIY Christmas Joy Sign
Our House Now A Home – Storage Box Using Rope and a Cardboard Box
Iris Nacole – Bohemian Wall Hanging
Kim Six Fix – Rope Wrapped Dollar Store Pumpkin
Vintage Romance Style – Easy Barn Wood Child’s Rope Name Sign
DIY Beautify – How to Make Pedestal Rope Bowl
Farmhouse 40 – DIY Upcycled Bar Stool
Knock It Off Kim – Fall Braided Rope and Burlap Wreath
C’Mon Get Crafty – DIY Rope Wire Basket
Casa Watikins Living – DIY African Inspired Jute Planter
To life feeling like home!
Sharing at THESE great parties!