I love throw pillows. To the point that my children say “walk away mom” when I’m near a stack of pillows at a store! My motto is you can always have one more pillow! In all seriousness, there is a reason I have a love affair with pillows. I believe that throw pillows are one of the easiest ways to change your home decor without spending a lot of money. Especially if you use pillow inserts, then the covers can be changed seasonally or when your decor preference changes.
For today’ s project, I decided to show you a quick and easy way to create a Farmhouse style pillow cover using a stencil.
Farmhouse Number Pillow
Needle and thread
20 Inch Pillow Insert
1. Using fabric paint and a stencil brush, line stencil up in the middle of the fabric.
2. Adhere stencil to fabric with tape so that it doesn’t move around on you. Load brush with paint and dab it to make sure it isn’t to heavy.
3. Gentle dab brush to cover stencil completely.
4. Once stencil is dry, lay both pieces of your 22×22 fabric with the stencil face down to the opposite piece. Secure edges with straight pins.
5. Using your sewing machine, sew each seam and leave an opening for inserting the pillow insert. Turn inside out and insert the pillow.
6. I back stitched the opening so that it doesn’t pull the stitches away when you insert the pillow insert.
7. Hand stitch the opening closed.
Stencils are perfect for creating any type of design you choose on your pillows. I chose the number 5 because of the 5 people in my family.
Want to see some other great farmhouse projects? I have teamed up with some blogging buddies that love farmhouse decor like I do!
Click below to visit their farmhouse projects.
To life feeling like home!
Sharing at THESE great parties!