When entertaining, a cheese tray is one of the simplest appetizers you can make to serve. However, it involves a little more thought than just slapping a wedge of cheese and a few crackers on a plate.
Today, I’m joining up with the lovely Back to the Basics group to show you how to arrange a simple cheese tray that will impress your guests! Using all items purchased at my local supermarket, I’ve created a delicious and enticing spread that takes very little prep. While our kitchen is being renovated, this is going to be my go-to. We enjoy a cheese and meat tray year round. It’s an easy meal that everyone in our family likes. On a busy weekend evening, we will throw one of these together, gather around the coffee table and watch our favorite football team.
How to Arrange a Simple Cheese Tray to Impress
What you’ll need:
- A wooden board, tray, or a ceramic dish. I used a DIY Chalkboard Tray that I made. You can get the full directions, here.
- Cheeses; at least 2-3 different kinds. Vary the flavors and textures so there is something for everyone.
- Crackers or toast
- Meat; I like to add at least 2 different kinds of meat; salami and summer sausages are sure to please
- Something crunchy; cashews or almonds are a great choice
- Something sweet; I love adding dried fruit like cranberries or apricots for color and sweetness or do a small dish of marinated olives.
- Cheese knives for spreading
- Count on 1-2 ounces of cheese per person when planning your tray
- Have small plates available for each person
- Don’t crowd your platter; leave space for cutting if you are using cheese wedges
- Have a different knife per cheese
- Refrigerate your cheeses until an hour before serving time
I can’t wait to see the other great hostess ideas I can grab from my friends below!
To life feeling like home!
Sharing at THESE great parties!