An organized office space helps you work more efficiently and productively.
Welcome back to our last week of the Room by Room Summer Showcase! I can’t believe that we are talking about the end of summer already! My kids go back to school next week and I’m already feeling sad. My oldest stays home with me and I homeschool her, but my other two are off to 7th and 1st grade. Summer goes by way to fast!
I hope you enjoyed seeing a little closer look at some of the spaces in my home. It’s been fun sharing these with you. I hope it offered some inspiration to you for your own home. To catch up previous weeks, click on the links below.
Today is all about bonus spaces, so I am going to share my home office with you! It’s a space that I redid this past spring for the One Room Challenge. From top to bottom, this space got a makeover and the biggest difference I noticed was how much more functional my space was for the tasks that I need to complete. You can see the full reveal of my Functional & Stylish Home Office, HERE. But today, I want to give you some tips on making your own office a functional work space.
How to Organize an Office to be Most Efficient
- Set up zones- Think ahead to the tasks you want to complete in the space. Use this information to plan the areas of the room including everything you need in each space to complete your tasks.
- Keep your desk clear- Your desk should remain clear of items that you don’t use every day. Store papers and other supplies in drawers so that your desk space is free from clutter.
- Use baskets, bins, and boxes- We have open shelving and with open shelving, you need to keep items contained. Use baskets, bins, or boxes to neatly store things out in the open. Label them with a label maker to make it easy to find items.
- Purge regularly- It’s amazing how paperwork multiplies! Purge paperwork monthly to keep things in order.
- Make sure to have adequate furniture- I realized that the craft projects that I wanted to do in the space could not efficiently be done on my desk space, so I added a table in the room specifically for larger projects and crafts.
- Make it pretty- No one wants to work in an ugly space! Treat your office like any other space in your home and decorate it. You will be more likely to keep your space organized if it’s a space you enjoy being in.
Let’s see what other bonus spaces are being shared this week!
To life feeling like home!
Sharing at THESE great parties!