Having been a teacher for many years, the words the “last day of school,” still bring back a feeling of joy and excitement. Those words were words I looked forward to from about Spring Break on. Teaching is the hardest career I've had and one of the most rewarding to look back on. Seeing a child do something they've never done before is certainly special and worthwhile. But, I can tell you from having worked with young children, it is not easy. There were days (years) where I didn't know if I was going to make it through!
With that in mind, I always try to make the end of the year teacher's gifts meaningful and useful. Gift cards were always my favorite thing to receive because they could be used with my family whenever we chose to use them. So, I almost always couple a gift card with something a bit more personal to celebrate the hard work of the teacher.
This month, my Silhouette Challenge was making a little something special for those end of the year teacher's gifts.
Helping Me Grow Teacher Gift
I found these adorable little watering cans on Amazon and thought they would make the perfect containers for a small flower. After the plant is replanted, they can use the can for watering their small indoor plants.
This simple project was made on the Silhouette and printed on white sticker paper. “Thank you for Helping Me Grow” is the perfect sentiment for a teacher. Because that's exactly what they do, don't they? Do you ever look at your child's first day of school picture and then at the last day of school picture? I'm never prepared for the differences one year will make not only physically with my child, but also mentally and emotionally! It always shocks me!
Add a spring bloom and then insert a florist pic with a gift card and/ or handwritten note from your child to complete the gift.
Want to see some other great Silhouette Projects? You can visit these by following the links below!
1. My Life From Home – Teacher Appreciation Watering Can
2. Holy Craft – Easy Vinyl and Foil Sign From Old Box
3. Patina Paradise – Painted Wood Mason Jar Door Hanger
4. Dwell Beautiful – Customized Coldplay Song Lyric Tote Bag
5. C'mon Get Crafty – Silhouette Shirt: Silhouette Monthly Challenge
6. Tried & True – Teacher Appreciation Travel Mug
7. Morena's Corner – Silhouette Wall Art
8. Simply Darrling – Easy DIY World Map with Hymn Quote
9. DIY Passion – DIY Cake Toppers and Birthday Banners
10. Dream Design DIY – Hangry Kitchen Tray
11. Pocketful of Posies – Thonet Yardsale Chair Makeover into One of a Kind Office Chair