A simple farmhouse table setting is easy to achieve with your favorite seasonal flower.
Hello! I am so happy to be joining up with one talented group of ladies today to bring you a new monthly series called Back to the Basics hosted by 2 Bees in a Pod and The Crowned Goat. In these once a month posts, we will tackle some of the most basic decorating questions and dilemmas you might have and give you our tried and true advice! It’s going to be a lot of fun and I’m so happy you are here! If you are stepping over from another blog, welcome! I am Amy and I love to blog about crafting a beautiful life, one DIY at a time. I have always enjoyed puttering around my home, doing craft projects, and generally designing a space that my family feels comfortable in and enjoys. Our home has been a work in progress. You can see some of the DIY projects and room reno’s we have tackled HERE to get you started.
Today, our topic is tablescapes. Specifically summer tablescapes.
Tablescapes are like landscape paintings that you create to tell a story on your table.
Tablescape Ideas for Summer Entertaining
This cute black and white table setting with sunflowers is simple, festive, and incorporates lots of the tricks and tips you’ll see below!
Tips & Tricks to Table Settings
- Mix and Match your dinnerware– I love using a mix and match set of white dishes that I’ve accumulated over time. The fact that they are all white gives it a uniform look, but the different styles give your table a distinctive look and texture.
- Placecards- Large or small groups can benefit from place cards at each setting. This way there is no jostling for seats when it’s time to eat. Everyone knows exactly where it sit. This is especially good if you are hosting a group of friends that don’t know one another.
- With Placecards, Think Outside the Card- You can use a variety of materials from napkin rings, tiny flower buds, or even fruit or vegetables to label each person’s spot. Pick out a cute little label or stick flag and write each person’s name on it. This item can also be something for them to take home at the end of the meal as well.
- Think Texture- Texture adds so much dimension to your table. Use cloth napkins, rattan chargers, table runners or a table cloth, galvanized containers, or a variety of different glassware to make your table stand out.
- Don’t Forget the Middle- The middle of the table needs special attention. Whether it’s one centerpiece of a variety of small pieces, don’t leave it bare. You can use flowers, succulents, candles, or other objects to create a centerpiece just be aware of sight lines so that you are not hiding someone behind a big bush when they are trying to have a conversation across the table.
- Outdoor Dining and BBQ’s Still Need Organization- Even outdoor meals need some organization! If you are hosting a buffet, have all the items your guests will be needing corraled in cute containers and ready to use. Don’t forget to add centerpieces to the tables and one cute matching arrangement to the buffet station.
Need Some Ideas?
(Click on the pictures below to take you to the full post.)
I can’t wait to see what tablescape ideas our talented group of ladies came up with!
To life feeling like home!
Sharing at THESE great parties!