Today I’m showing you a really fun St. Patrick’s Day cookie recipe. Lucky Charms cereal is a staple in our house, so this was a no brainer for our family. I often go to the box just to realize that all the marshmallows have been eaten out of the cereal! Do you remember doing that as a kid? You can only be just so upset with them when you realize that it’s something you did when you were 10 also!
For this recipe, get your kids involved. They will enjoy separating out the ingredients for you because that was the most difficult part. Though they may end up eating as much as they help!
I first saw this recipe at the Recipe Rebel.
WHITE CHOCOLATE LUCKY CHARMS COOKIES
- 2½ cups Lucky Charms cereal, no marshmallows
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup marshmallows from cereal
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup Lucky Charms cereal (no marshmallows, roughly chopped if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process 2 ½ cups cereal without marshmallows until a fine powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add sugars, and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Add processed cereal, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low-medium speed until combined. Stir in marshmallows, white chocolate chips and additional ½ cup cereal.
- Roll into balls using about 1tbsp of dough each. Place on a baking sheet 2” apart (I baked mine with 9 per sheet). Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-8 minutes, until mostly dry on top and slightly puffed – they will sink down and become chewy as they cool.
These were really good. I especially love the white chocolate chips added into the recipe. The bright colors of the marshmallows make them so cute!!
After I made these, I also came across another Lucky Charms cookie recipe which was even easier to make.
Here is this version:
To life feeling like home!
Sharing at THESE great parties!