This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GarageCleanup #CollectiveBias
Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend! We had a chance to get out on our friend's boat for one last summer outing before the start of school. It was a perfect day and I definitely needed it after cleaning out my garage on Saturday. I have shown you many areas of my home over the last two years, but one area you haven't seen is our garage! Our garage is an absolute disaster. At some point, we were unable to get the cars into the garage, so it kind of became a free for all. Anything and everything was thrown in there that we didn't need at the moment. Couple that with pieces of furniture I had bought to make over for projects and our garage was one huge mess. Bikes, balls, tools, furniture, and on and on and on gathered up in the space.
Thankfully, I was given the opportunity from The Home Depot and Rubbermaid to try out their Rubbermaid® FastTrack® Garage Organization System. I had always wanted to try one of these systems but felt intimidated by the work and my ability to install it. Let me tell you, with a few simple tools, this system came right together and was a huge factor in getting our garage organized for the upcoming season. There is nothing worse than not being able to pull your cars in during a snowy winter day, so I am thrilled with how easy this installation was and how it will help improve our lives this fall and winter ahead. There is something about being organized that just makes me feel content. I have gone out to the garage just to look at it no less than five times since I completed this project. Anyone else do that?
Ok. I'm going to give you a step by step tutorial for installing this super simple system so that you will not feel intimidated like I did.
All of the supplies you need are at The Home Depot. They are all clearly marked in an area together with other organization supplies. Easy to find and a nice display which shows you the system at work. I'm very visual, so this helped me to look at it put together. Here is how your display should look.
I started with theRubbermaid® 48-inch panel, Rubbermaid® 48-inch rail and Rubbermaid® Hardware Packs to get started. Make sure to buy the hardware pack for each one.
My main goal was to get some of the bikes and toys off the ground along with garden tools hung. This system is also a perfect way to organize tools over a bench. In addition, there are utility bins, shelves and small holders and hooks for almost anything you want to get organized or off the ground. I opted for hooks so I could get lots of things hung and out-of-the-way.
How to install your Rubbermaid Wall Panel
1. Drill 4 holes, 2 on each side of the panel for hanging.
2. Drill matching holes in studs where you want to hang it. I used a pencil to mark my holes and predrilled them.
3. Insert toggle anchors which are in your hardware packet. They fold together and once inserted use a hammer with the small black punch tool to push the anchor wings back out and secure it to the wall.
4. Place your panel and install your screws into the anchors.
5. Your hooks fit snugly over the rails and you are ready to hang.
I used one Rubbermaid® FastTrack® Vertical Bike Hook, a Rubbermaid® FastTrack® Utility Hook, and a Rubbermaid® FastTrack® Multipurpose Hook to hang these three items.
How to install your Rubbermaid FastTrack
Similar to the wall panel, you need the included hardware packet, a pencil, a drill, a hammer and a screwdriver.
1. Mark your holes with a pencil on the studs where you want to place your rail.
2. Predrill your holes in the wall.
3. Insert your toggle anchors provided using a hammer.
4. Use the black punching tool to push anchor wings out into the wall.
5. Using a screwdriver, screw your provided screws into the anchors.
6. A provided black cover snaps over the top of the rail.
7. Hang your hooks over the rail top and you are ready to organize your supplies.
I love how deep these hooks are so if you want to, you can stack multiple tools on one hook! I used the Rubbermaid™ FastTrack™ Utility Hook and the Rubbermaid™ FastTrack™ Multipurpose Hook for these tools.
I am so excited about the difference these two systems made in my garage and I know you will be also. So, don't delay! Get your garage in order for fall. This system is simple and easy to install. You really don't need to have any DIY skills. Anyone can do it! Visit The Home Depot for your own Rubbermaid® FastTrack® Garage Organization System and get your garage under control!
Love it? Pin it!